Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One can dream......

Ok so I am here at work and I have just been dreaming about Buffets. I want one for my dinningroom because I have run out of room for storage in my kitchen and would love a place to store all my platters and china. So I have been looking high and low at some of my favorite consignment shops and have also been looking online at stores and Craig's List. I thought I might have found a buffet that would have needed to be refinished and loved a little bit (which I was so willing to do) but he was not willing to come down enough for me in price.

So here I am left, without a buffet and am left to dream. I much rather get something old, used and has some history to it, than something bought new at the store. So here is what I would get if money was not an option. These items are from the 17th century in France and are gorgeous. My mom and dad purchased a beautiful buffet (and other gorgeous peices) while living in France that look and are very similar in style and color. Too bad they cost over $4,000.

Here are a few of my dream peices.......


and another one......


and another beauty......

2 comments:

  1. it's hard to have "champagne taste on a beer budget". I hear you sista, unfortunately we have been exposed to the finer things in life so it's very hard to shop at big box stores and feel satisfied...I don't think we will ever have "beer" taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in the market for a buffet...and also don't have a $4,000 budget. If only I was better at woodworking, I'd make one myself, but alas, the only thing I've ever made was a race car in the shape of a carrot. Let me know if you find a good one!

    ReplyDelete