Friday, March 19, 2010

My Formative Years......

There are two places I consider to be home.....Walnut Creek, California and Park City, Utah. My parents moved to California when I was three months old and we stayed there until I was almost 14 years old. I have not been back there since right after my mission and honestly that place just sings my childhood. So many good memmories there of playing with my neighborhood friends, visits to Curly's and Swim team (The Larkey Sharks).

So my brother Quentin and his cute wife Christie were able to visit Northern California and I made them promise they would take pictures. A lot of people I know, when they think of Cali, they think Los Angeles, traffic and movie stars. Northern California couldn't be more different from Southern California and in my opinion should be different states. Here are some pictures that take me down memory lane.


The green rolling hills of Northern California


Our house that we lived in for a few years. We use to ride our bikes up and down that driveway.


Our Larkey Lane House. This was our house that we grew up in and this is the house my parents remodeled.


Same house and Q is sitting on the steps. It use to be grey with a white porch and the trees were all trimmed and pretty and there was a nice front door. I still don't like seeing someone else live in my house! :) We planted all those plants and they are now huge.


Behind Q is the tree house my dad and our neighbor Steve build for us in our backyard.


Here is Q at Larkey Park, this park was one house over from our house and we spent hours playing here. There were two playgrounds and an animal museum here.


Q in front of Curly's which was our favorite corner store which was a few houses down from our house.


Where you see Rite Aid is where our favorite store Thrifties use to be. They had an ice cream counter and we would go get ice cream cones for Family Home Evenings.

(Pictures courtesy of Christie and Quentin, Thanks guys!)

1 comment:

  1. I know, it's s weird we actually lived there and it wasn't some dream.

    SIDE NOTE: I just watched Blind Side and...ok-ok...I get the football thingee at the top of your blog and why you have it there. ;) It's a cultural thing. xoxo Love ya.

    ReplyDelete