Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home...


So I know that I already posted something today but I had to add these photos.  As some of you know my parents' black lab Chole died on July 23rd after 12 years of being a member of the Nelson family, she was a great dog and we have so many great memories with her.  My favorite memory of Chole was when we lived in Park City. We lived over a Golf Course and she would get out and run down the hill and harrass the golfers on the green.  After several attempts of calling her from the back deck we would give up and pretend she was not ours (horrible I know).  I also remember that after I moved away from Utah and would come home for a visit, she would always be so happy to see me.  We will miss our Clo-bo!  

Max and Maddie love this little puppy.  So sweet. 

My parents other dog Zeus had been so sad at Chole's passing that my parents rushed to get a new dog as a companion to Zeus.  They got a Cheasapeake Bay Retriever and we named him Brownie III.  My great granfather had a Cheasapeake Bay Retriever named Brownie and so did my father and they have always been great dogs.  Brownie is soooo cute (as all puppies are) and we are all pretty much smitten with him.


My parents purchased a playhouse for Maddie and placed it near the apple orchard. It is not all completed just yet but will soon be fully decorated and be every little girl's dream playhouse.  In this picture we were ordering ice-cream from "Mimi's ice-cream house".   She is too cute.
And lastly, I have posted pictures of Sunday dinner made by my mom.   Anybody who knows her knows that she is a five star cook and that her food is pretty much awesome.   The salad is a comprise salad with fresh Mozarella and for the main course we had Pork Tenderloin with Chevre lavender and a lavendar apple jelly sauce.   For dessert we had homemade ice cream with homemade sauteed cherry lavender sauce.  It was to die for and I have big shoes to fill and hope one day to be the kind of cook she is.  


4 comments:

  1. ohhh, can't wait to hold him and hug him! What a cutie, and what adorable children I have. Miss those guys!! luvs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you...sniff sniff...I could use a visit with and from my sister today, I haven't really slept in 24 hours and have had to hear about bionicles and princesses all day. luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay rozzie...this is the 50th time I've checked your blog for an update or something...please post for your old sister, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have faith that someday Rozlynn, you will post something.......

    ReplyDelete