Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th Weekend


So it has been too long since I have updated our blog but here we are and Thad and I hope you all had a great July 4th weekend because we sure did. We left on Friday night to head up to Haleyville for the night and then spent the 4th just relaxing at the Forester's pool. There are specific things that both Thad and I need to make a July 4th complete, Thad's is homemade ice cream and mine is fireworks. So we gathered up the ingredients for homemade ice cream and got it going as we swam and played. The ice cream turned out creamy and delicious. We then headed home to Tuscaloosa that night to catch the fireworks. We opted out of dealing with the crowds and watched fireworks from the back of Thad's truck in the Publix parking lot close by.



I honestly love fireworks. Growing up in Walnut Creek, CA we would have a picnic/bbq with friends and then about 3-4 families would load up in several cars and head over to the fireworks where we would munch on homemades treats and lie underneath a blanket of fireworks. Such great memories. Thad and I being newly married are trying to create our own memories and traditions and are off to a good start........ice cream and fireworks, you can't go wrong.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like you had a great holiday. We too have a tradtion of making homemade ice cream. Yummy!! We love to watche the fireworks too. SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...I remember those days. Man, that was fun hugh. I remember someone would always make these to die for lemon bars, I can still taste the goodies and smell the green grass. mmm...miss those traditions. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Thad was all tuckered out after a long day of celebrating. You should totally get the Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment. It is so worth it! And can you take me to that pool when I come to visit? It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete