Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long overdue..........




Ok so it has been too long since I have made a post and I am sorry for that. It just seemed like Brooke had baby Henry and then the rest of summer and fall zoomed by too fast for me to even think about writing anything. One of my new years resolutions is to be a better blogger so that my family and friends who aren't so close can be kept up to date on our life in T-town. I also want this blog to be a cooking blog. Thad will tell you that my favorite thing to do is hang out in the kitchen and bake. I also love, when I am bored, to surf food blogs, read recipes and then print them off (I must have a stack of over 200 recipes I want to try).




Thad and I were blessed to be able to spend Christmas with my family in Utah. It was fun to have a white Christmas and be a part of all the Nelson traditions which usually involves good food. We had Fondue, Crab, Brie, Raclette, orange rolls, smoked salmon and so much more. I seriously gained 7 pounds while I was home. We enjoyed some skiing, snow shoeing, hanging out with my nephews and niece and just soaked up time at home. Sigh. It was a great time and I already miss my little kiddies.




After a week in Millville we ventured home to Alabama and went straight to Haleyville (Thad's hometown) to spend time with his family. Joseph, Patsy and the kids were in town and Terri's kids also ventured up to play with the cousins. We had a full house and it was fun to be all together because it rarely happens.




As we begin the New Year I am so thankful for all the great people in my life and a warm and cozy roof over my head. We are blessed. Happy 2010 ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. What a great family picture. Glad you're rededicating yourself to blogging. I want to be able to keep up with the Foresters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous and I am amazed that I can even see you over my 3 chins... ;) I had to make a fat joke. Sorry.

    It was great having you guys come visit! And sad to see you go. See you in the Summer! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder of wonders! I can't believe that you posted...I thought you had given it up entirely. And I'm all for you making a food blog. Have you seen Smitten Kitchen? Justin is obsessed with it. And it has delicious recipes. Google it! So glad you've re-entered the blogging world so I can keep up on you. Maybe you should call me this weekend. It's been way too long since we last talked!!

    ReplyDelete