Monday, February 1, 2010

The Rickey Harrison 10K



Thad promised me that in 2010 he would run in one of my races with me. So when Caroline told me about the Rickey Harrison 10K, I was in and so was Thad. He decided completely on his own and as the race drew near I noticed that for a guy who had never ran more than 2-3 miles there was no training taking place. I worried that either he would get injured in the race or die of complete exhaustion. I knew he was in shape from playing his basketball and tennis but was still worried. I learned a very important principle from this race, never underestimate my husband and his athletic abilities.



As the race began I slowly pulled away from Thad and lost sight of him. When I crossed the finish line I decided that I better go look for Thad on the race course and make sure he was ok and cheer him on but then Yvette and Caroline told me that Thad was not far behind them. As I looked down the hill, there came Thad running up the hill. He was RUNNING, not walking or crawling....running. I ran down the hill to run the last stretch with him and was so proud. It turned out that he ran the entire 6.2 miles and never stopped nor walked. I was so proud of his commitment and endurance and he has already told me that he wants to run in another race with me which is what usually happens. Once you get running and races in your blood, you can't give it up. Go Thad!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You da'bomb sista! Seriously Rozzzie, so proud of you! Way to go, you fabulous and fit couple you!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rozzy, knowing that I ran a 10K without any training, you should have known that Thad would be able to do it without a problem! I'm pretty sure he's in way better shape than I am!

    ReplyDelete