Monday, February 15, 2010

Merecedes Half-Marathon


Since I moved to Alabama I have heard a lot about the Mercedes Marathon and half Marathon which is in its tenth year and had over 4,000 participants this year. Last year I had signed up for it but was still trying to get back into my running since having mono and ended up not running the race. So this year I decided last minute to run the race (with a good little nudge from Thad).

I ran the Half-Marathon on Valentines Day. My experience was a good and bad one. The course had a lot more gradual inclines than expected and not enough port-a-potties through out the race. But what made it a good experience was the gorgeous weather and the energy there. I loved and was grateful for all the supporters who took the time to come out and cheers us on. My favorite two posters I saw were "Run like you stole something" and "That is not sweat, it is your fat cells crying".

When finished I was tired and not feeling well, so it was so nice to make it home and be able to relax the rest of the day. Thad was also able to come home and take care of me too. Will I run the Merecedes course again next year? Yes I will. But in the end I am glad I did it and glad it is over.

2 comments:

  1. 13.1!!! Way to go! Hope Quentin's brown out wishes for you didn't come true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I heard it was not easy, you poor thing!!! You are amazing for doing this!

    ReplyDelete