Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Day at Firebirds

Since Valentines Day fell on Sunday Thad and I decided to celebrate on Saturday. We ventured to Birmingham for the day to eat lunch and to take some V-day cookies to the neices and nephews.

In December Thad took me to a place in Birmingham called Firebirds. We had their Ranch onion rings, fresh bread, ceasar salad and I had their Durango burger which has fried onion rings, pepperjack cheese and garlic roasted ranch on it. That is where I fell in love. It turns out this restaurant is inspired by Colorado. The owners had traveled out there many times and were inpsired by the food and feel of Colorado, so the cuisine and ambiance has a mountainy feel which reminds me of home in Park City. I was mad at Thad, wondering why he had been holding out on me all this time and had not taken me here sooner. Our lunch was delightful and just what I had been craving.

So whenever you come to see me (friends and family), I give you my word that we will take you to Firebirds. So come on!

Take a look at Firebird's link:

http://firebirdsrestaurants.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Oh we are coming and I promise to overstay our welcome. ;) hee-hee J/K

    ReplyDelete