Monday, January 11, 2010

January Celebrations........





Last Thursday we were able to celebrate too very special events, the birth day of Thad and Alabama winning the BCS National Championship. The game was a good one and come the 4th quarter we were only ahead by three points and I had to put my head down and not look, I could not imagine Bama loosing on Thad's birthday, especially when a win was all he wanted for his birthday.

For Thad's birthday he wanted an Alabama birthday cake, so I made him a scripted "A" cake and another Chocolate cake that was more edible since the "A" cake had so much red food coloring in the frosting that it would have stained every one's teeth. We were able go over the Sprayberry's home and watch the game and enjoyed parched peanuts, Pigg Shack BBQ and Thad's favorite dip that Caroline makes. In the end we returned home late Thursday night after a win by Alabama, 37-21, which a win for Bama equaled a great birthday for Thadeus.

Then On Saturday Thad and I were out running errands and just happened to stop at the Tuscaloosa Wal-mart. There was a large crowd of people in the middle of the store and a news camera, so I went over to investigate. It turned out that the BCS Trophy that was passed around by the players and that Saban held up as the BCS Champions, was displayed at Wal-mart for the day. Thad and I waited in line and were able to get our picture taken with the $30,000 dollar Waterford Crystal Trophy, a rare and cool opportunity.

Roll Tide Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you made that cake! Yule log eat your heart out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, another blog??? Wow, and both within 6 months of each other. Hee-hee just teasing. Rozlynn, you are awesome! I love the cake!!!! Go Martha!

    ReplyDelete