Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Cheese Wit"

Last week Thad traveled to Pennsylvania for business and one of his stops was Philadelphia. I was so jealous that he got to go and experience Philly. Living in DC for several years, I had always wanted to make it to Philly and never was able to but I knew that if I ever got there I needed to have a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich at Pat's King of Steaks. Much to my delight, Thad was able to make it to Pat's and partake of some Steak and Cheese Whiz.

Just a little background, Pat's is located in South Philadelphia, has been around since 1930 and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is home to the Steak and Cheesesteak Sandwiches. Also when ordering a Cheesesteak you say "I want a cheese wit", meaning a Philly Cheesesteak.......just some urban lingo Thad taught me.


http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/index.html


2 comments:

  1. Ha! That's awesome! Let's go to Philly sometime just to say we've been there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd go to the cheese steak stand that used actual cheese rather than cheese whiz. I guess I'm becoming somewhat of a food snob. I blame Justin. :)

    ReplyDelete